Thursday, December 18, 2008

Broken

God has definitely taught me something this past week. Actually, it's been a year in the making. Well, at least a year. He has led me to learn how to become weak to let Him make me strong. I've been trying to do things my own way, and He continued to knock on my door. He wanted me to let go of my worries, stresses, and confusion on my life decisions. I'm not saying that my life makes total sense now, haha. I would lie if I said that. I'm still figuring out what I'll be doing come January 2009. But I know it's not me that will decide.
Which leads me to another thing God has taught me. Prayer.....I've always heard people say "prayer life" and had an idea what that meant. Never have I been on my knees so much night after night pleading to God of my frustrations and "what now?" pleas. I've really learned to rely on Him and know He has the best plan for me. I thought I knew everything. I thought I could give myself a timeline. If only I could have taken a step back and allowed myself to serve others, glorify Him, and focus on eternity matters. I plan on never letting another day go by without refocusing my purpose for being where I am. I'm right here right now for a reason. No matter where I am at, I will keep my focus on Him.

This is a song I wrote regaurding my latest pleas to God about my job situation.
So far I've given it the name Broken, and I also plan on adding more to it.

Order (so far): PC, C, V1, PC, V2, PC, C


[PC]
Letting go of the passion
saying no to the decision
(is) the hardest thing to bear.
I dont think they really care.

[C]
How my heart is broken
of the things I've spoken
Next chapter of life
unsure what's open.

[V1]
The noise surrounds me
I do not grieve.
What does this mean?
Who do I ought to be?

[V2]
Nothing holding me back now
Drying tears that fell down
Looking for guidance
with God alone I find romance.
His love makes me want to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment