Monday, July 12, 2010

AM I HERE?

Sorry bloggers. I do exist! I do! I'm really sorry.
I've been away due to my name change.
man, that sounds like too simple.
But it wasn't.
Wait.
Let me explain.
I got married to the man my Lord, Jesus Christ, my God, my Savior led me to. He is truly one of a kind! He is the man for me. I just know it. I could never be happier than to be in God's grace and my husband's loving arms.
Jon tells me how much he loves being married. Now it's no fairytale, but I love waking up beside this man!

How many men can say that he loves being married?
I mean that in the nicest way possible. How many men look at their life and say, "You know? I've got it okay. Life isn't a fairytale. It isn't always easy, but I'm doing okay. I love God, I love my wife, where I work, etc."

This is a great new chapter in my life. I love the way God answers prayer. =)
Let me end this post with a list of prayer requests.

*Pray for those involved in the Urbandale apartment fire. On google type in "Urbandale apartment fire" and you'll get led to plenty of things to help you know what all happened. I heard some sad stories of people who lived there. My parents and brother actually know of someone who used to live there.

*Pray and encourage those who are serving our country, and their loved ones.

*Prayers for those who are soon to add more children to their family. All my sisters are expecting! Elizabeth is due August 5th, Melissa due Aug 27th, and sister in law Elizabeth due on Thanksgiving.

*Prayer for Rosebud team. They left Sunday morning. I went there 6 years in a row, and this is the first year I had to miss. It's been tough, but I know it is God who can be there everyday and not me. I have a lot of relationships there, and I miss them deeply. Thank you Kate for sending a note to give them. I am forever thankful.

*For my grandma Evelyn and my mom.

*I hate asking for prayer for myself, but please if you think about it pray for Jon and I. We have a lot to think about. I need a job in Ames and I just pray that God lets us know if I should find something super quick and deal with the job. Or do what Jon is hoping for...a job that I really like and a place where I feel motivated and where my energy isn't sucked out of me. And also for Jon as he makes his decisions as he finishes up school and decides where to work full-time. I know God's timing is perfect.

Thank you everyone. I hope I can be in touch soon!

1 comment:

  1. Neat blog! Congratulations!
    If you are interested, I blog at www.projectpaperie.blogspot.com
    I would be honored if you would check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete